Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Nannie (98yrs old, my Mom's Mother), Franciene (my mom)
and Aunt Pat (moms friend since junior high school)

We all had a beautiful Mother's Day Weekend. Lots of company for my Mom - Franciene:)
Aunt Pat came from Orange County California to visit mom and me:)) I've know Aunt Pat well I should say she's known me all my life. Story she just told me (mom confirmed) that Pat dated my dad during one week and told mom she had met a boy that was not for her. Later the that same week, my mom dated my dad and told Pat that she had met the boy for her. And neither one of them didn't know who it was that the other had dated. True story. My mom did marry my dad.

Now can you see the Card my mom is holding up. She received it from New Zealand. The needlework was all stitched by our precious friend Lee (Notes from under the Mountain blog). It's so spectacular I don't even know how to describe it, but it looks holographic. It's all done in the color copper, and the fabric background is hunter green silk. It's SUPER GORGEOUS!


Well Aunt Pat was so mesmerized by it, that evening when she left us, she went straight to Jo Ann's fabric store.

This is what she presented to me and my sister Nicole. Today on Mother's day. She bought supplies for all 3 of us, Yes including herself (Aunt Pat), brown silk fabric, 2 shades of gold sheer ribbons, DMC gold metallic thread, and this pretty gold iridescent sheer fabric. Our project is to stitch something resembling the card Lee sent us. Not to make it exact (as if I could....), but to create puffy butterflies and cutwork (using the ribbons) and stitch around them. Oh suuuure Aunt Pat. Nicole and I looked at each other and said "OH Okay!", with our eyes as huge as saucers. So we will see what we create in the next 2 weeks. I 'm giving us 2 weeks because normally we could get done faster (in my dreams) but with caring for mom, we give ourselves more leeway. Thank you so very much Lee for all your thoughtfulness, generosity, and for being the beautiful person you are. You make my mom feel very honored, cherished and loved. We are very blessed to have you in our lives. Now Lee has sent my mom some other cards that I have not been able to photo or post about yet. What can I say Lee is an Angel sent to us direct from Heaven and we love her. ((Hugs)) to you Lee from Mom and Me:)) Thank you to all my blog friends for all your well wishes and prayers...You are greatly appreciated and cherished Love Annette
Mother's Day May 12, 2012
Nannie, my mom and me -
Annette in California

9 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with! Your mom looks good!

Carol said...

How special to see a photo of all three generations together, Annette--your 98 year old grandmother is amazing and you and your mom look so pretty and happy to be together. Lee's work is exceptional and I can tell how happy you are to have "met" her and become friends... Thinking of you all...

Julie said...

Great photo of the 3 of you together.You look so much like your mum.
:)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures you have to cherish. It will be interesting to see what you all create. I have admired Lee's needlework also. Good luck with that! Ha Ha :)

Lee said...

Love seeing all the photos, what a challenge you have been given will try and send some "how to " notes.

Liz AVRIL said...

Hi,

I was very busy the past weeks but i've just came and visit you blog and there is a lot of superb things

Liz

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looks like you had a special Mother's Day!

Daffycat said...

Just in case my email doesn't go through...

You won my giveaway!

Annette-California said...

I did get it:))))) Thank you so very much. I have also sent you emails my friend....Love Annette